The Resource Kit
This free resource kit was originally compiled to accompany Get Strong Get Fit Get Happy to make the book a practical resource for busy people over 40.
If you haven't read or listened to the book the Resource Kit can be used as a standalone toolkit to help you invest in your long-term health and make informed choices about what feels right for you.
It's not about denying yourself the pleasure of your favourite foods or living in the gym.
This Resource Kit is based on the importance of making small, incremental changes that are easy to implement, sustainable over the longer term and that fit into busy lives.
Navigating the Resource Kit
To accompany the Workbook and Companion Guide there are 3 sections:
Eating Well, Exercising Well & Living Well
Practical resources and tips to help you unlock the incredible power of nutrition. This section includes:
- Recipes that are quick to make, healthy and tasty
- Health benefits of key ingredients
- Low GL foods to help control blood sugar and maintain a healthy weight
- Alkalising foods that prevent inflammation, one of the key causes of ill health
- Tips on fasting
Smart ways to exercise that give you amazing physical health without spending hours every day doing it. This section includes:
- Audio extract on the No Pain No Gain Myth
- Assessing exercise options via fitness goals
- Benefits of HIIT and an example workout
- Introduction to Super Slow Resistance Training
Discover the synergistic effects and extraordinary benefits of making small lifestyle changes that can fit into a busy schedule. This section includes:
- 5 simple principles for long-term vitality
- Incremental steps to go from stressed out to chilled out
- Goal trackers to help you move forward with your plans
The Resource Kit Contents
- Introduction to the Companion Guide & Workbook
- Welcome to your Companion Guide and Workbook
- Chapter 1: Challenging the concept of ageing
- Chapter 2: Ten ways to immediately improve your health
- Chapter 3: Transform your health by looking after your digestive systemNew Lecture
- Chapter 4: Exercise – unlock the amazing potential of your body
- Chapter 5: The incredible power of naturopathic nutrition
- Chapter 6: Minimise your stress to maximise your health
- Chapter 7: Getting started and staying motivated – you can do it!
- Recipe Cards - Overview
- Recipe Cards - Breakfasts
- Recipe Cards - Main Meals
- Recipe Cards - Snacks
- Recipe Cards - Salads
- Nutritional benefits of ingredients - A to B
- Nutritional benefits of ingredients - C to D
- Nutritional benefits of ingredients - E to L
- Nutritional benefits of ingredients - M to Q
- Nutritional benefits of ingredients - R to Y
- Planning Meals - Ideas for the week
- Planning Meals - Storage tips for fruit and vegetables
- Maximising nutritional content - 4 Quick Tips
- Introduction to Fasting
Using the Resource Kit
"Living a busy life, going to the gym or even taking the time to go for a walk has been more of a luxury than a priority. I ended up feeling guilty for not doing anything but at the same time did not know where to start.
Suddenly finding myself in my late fifties I started to wonder if it was too late to turn my health and fitness around.
These resources helped me to take that first step, make small changes and create new habits that I could fit around my work commitments.
As well as feeling physically fitter, more energised and less stressed, I feel far more positive and fired up to learn and achieve more about health and fitness.
Thank you for collating these resources and giving me the springboard I needed."
Get Strong Fit & Happy Courses and Resources
Currently in the pipeline are courses to accompany the Eating Well, Exercising Well and Living Well sections of this Resource Kit.
As many people have told us that their emotional health and managing stress are important to them at the moment, we are developing these courses first.
In the meantime, if you haven’t read the book that the Resource Kit is based upon, you may like to listen to the audio book.